Vice Golf was founded by two German law students. Their main objective was and continues to be to manufacture premium golf balls that they can sell directly to the consumer at an affordable price. The Vice range of golf balls continues to grow and all of their models can hold their own against industry leaders. The Vice Pro and Pro Soft are two of their premium offerings. Let’s take a closer look at these two models to see how they differ in terms of distance, greenside control and feel, durability and price.
The head to head battle between the Vice Pro and Pro Soft was a close matchup but the Pro Soft emerged victorious. The low compression Pro Soft appeals to a bigger percentage of recreational golfers and its design features will deliver immediate positive results. The Pro Soft is long, it offers exceptional feel, it features a durable cover system and it retails at an affordable price point, what more could you want from a high-performance premium golf ball?
Vice Pro vs. Vice Pro Soft: Comparison Table
Vice Pro Soft
Vice Pro Review
- The design of the Vice Pro offers exceptional greenside control and feel
- The 318 dimple pattern of the Vice Pro promotes a stable ball flight
- The design of the Vice Pro maximizes distance
- The Vice Pro design resembles that of the #1 ball in golf, the Titleist Pro V1
- The Vice Pro features an affordable price tag for a premium golf ball
- The Vice Pro features Vice’s unique “Keep in Line” putting line alignment system
- The Vice Pro can be purchased in a variety of color options
- Vice is a newcomer to the industry and they lack the brand recognition that other manufacturers have
The core of the Vice Pro is a high energy speed core that maximizes ball speeds which in return ensures exceptional distance.
The Vice Pro golf ball does have an above average compression of 95. Players with above average swing speeds will benefit most by playing with this golf ball since they will be able to compress it adequately in order to maximize performance.
The Vice Pro is known for its exceptional soft feel and greenside control. The cast urethane cover system utilized in the design of the Vice Pro is the main contributor to its exceptional feel. This cover system with its 318 dimple pattern is very durable. The dimple pattern of the Vice Pro promotes a stable ball flight, this stability is very evident in windy conditions.
The Vice Pro might be the new kid on the block, but it’s high-quality design and affordable price tag makes it a very lucrative offer.
Vice Pro Soft Review
- The Vice pro Soft features an advanced 3-piece construction
- The design of the Vice Pro Soft is optimized to ensure maximum distance off of the tee
- The Vice Pro Soft features a durable cast urethane cover system
- The soft cast urethane cover system of the Vice Pro Soft ensures exceptional feel and control on and around the greens
- The low compression core of the Vice Pro Soft ensures a soft and responsive feel
- The 336 dimple pattern of the Vice Pro Soft ensures a stable ball flight
- The Vice Pro Soft is available in 3 different color options, all which feature a matte finish for enhanced visibility
- The Vice Pro Soft retails at an affordable price tag in comparison to other premium golf ball offerings
- The Vice Pro Soft features Vice’s unique “Keep in Line” putting line alignment system
- Vice golf balls are relatively unknown, many golfers are reluctant to change brands in order to try out a new brand
The low compression high energy core of the Pro Soft is optimized to ensure both maximum distance off the tee and responsive soft feel off the clubface.
The Vice Pro Soft features a soft yet durable cast urethane cover system with a 336 dimple pattern. This cover system and dimple pattern promotes soft feel on full shots and on shots around the greens, it also promotes a stable ball flight.
The Vice Pro Soft is available in 3 different color options (white, red, yellow), all 3 colors options feature an anti glare matte finish. This finish ensures maximum visibility, both at address and when your golf ball is in the sky. The Vice Pro Soft is the first golf ball in the industry with a urethane cover that has a matte finish.
The Vice Pro Soft with its low compression core (35) is ideal for players with slow to medium swings speeds that want the feel and control of a premium golf ball. This high-quality golf ball with its affordable price tag is sure to make a huge difference to any golfers game.
Vice Pro vs. Vice Pro Soft: Head to Head Battle
Both the Pro and Pro Soft golf balls feature Vice’s high energy speed core. The design of this core maximizes energy which ensures higher ball speeds and added distance. It is difficult to pick a winner between the two models in the distance category in terms of design.
The only feature that will affect distance is the compression of the respective models. Players with slow/medium (90 mph and below) swing speeds will be able to compress the Pro Soft with ease which will ensure maximum distance. An above average (90 mph+) swing speed is required in order to compress the Pro to ensure maximum distance.
The distance battle is a tie between these two Vice golf balls, make sure to play with the golf ball that features a compression that matches your swing speed in order to maximize distance.
Greenside Control and Feel
The Vice Pro and Pro Soft golf balls both deliver exceptional results around the greens. Both models feature a soft cast urethane cover system that ensures great feel and control around the greens.
The low compression core of the Pro Soft in combination with its soft cover system makes it one of the softest golf balls on the market.
The exceptional feel and feedback of the Pro Soft gives it the victory in the greenside control and feel battle.
Both the Vice Pro and Pro Soft feature a durable urethane cover system. This cover system also features a BJ13 coating that protects the golf ball against UV rays and that ensures added durability.
The cover of the Pro Soft features tiny silicate particles which gives it a matte finish, this is the first golf ball on the market with a urethane cover that has a matte finish. The matte finish of the Pro Soft is extremely durable, it doesn’t glare at address and it is very easy to track this golf ball through the sky.
The durability matchup is a tough one but the Pro Soft with its matte finish takes the victory.
The price matchup is a tie between these two golf balls. The Vice Pro and Pro Soft both feature the same affordable below average price tag for a premium golf ball.
Vice Pro vs. Vice Pro Soft: And the winner is…
Choosing a winner between Vice Pro and Vice Pro Soft golf balls is almost impossible but the Pro Soft emerged victorious at the end of the day. The Pro Soft appeals to a wider range of golfers due to its ultra low compression design.
Golfers with slow/medium swing speeds will be able to compress this premium 3-piece golf ball with ease to ensure maximum distance and exceptional feel and greenside control. And the best part about it all is that the Vice Pro Soft features a very affordable price tag in comparison to its premium golf ball counterparts.
Table of Contents