Finding out how many yards you’ve got left until you can make that golf ball go into your desired target doesn’t have to break the bank as four of the best budget golf rangefinders have been reviewed below for your consideration. With cheap rangefinders, you can gauge your distance to your target with accuracy. If you’re not on the budget and want the best then check out our best golf rangefinder article to find out who are the industry leaders in 2023.
TL;DR TecTecTec VPRO500 is the best cheap golf rangefinder on the market in 2020 and 2021 (USA & UK both + it’s also available in Canada). TecTecTec’s sales speak for themselves, they have been an Amazon bestseller for the last three years and counting. The VPRO500 can measure distances up to 540 yards away from you, it magnifies the target up to 7 times and it is accurate to within a yard.
However, if you’re looking for something even cheaper then WOSPORT H-100AG is the way to go if you’re from the US and the MiLESEEY is the second best budget golf rangefinder in UK.
The cheapest golf rangefinder on the market a.k.a the best golf rangefinder under $100 is Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder for Golf. And the best golf rangefinder under 200 is Callaway Golf 300-Pro Rangefinder.
Best Cheap Rangefinders Reviews 2020 & 2021
#1 TecTecTec VPRO500 Laser Range Finder
Best Budget Golf Rangefinder USA & UK
While French startup TecTecTec has only been around since 2014.
They’ve already taken the golfing world by storm with their VPRO500 golf rangefinder which has become an Amazon bestseller for the past three years and counting.
- Despite the 500 in its name, the TecTecTec VPRO500 can measure a target located up to 540 yards away from you, or only 60 yards below the maximum distance that most budget golf rangefinders can track.
- Compared to other budget golf rangefinders that can magnify only up to four times the object’s original size, the TecTecTec VPRO500 can zoom in on your target up to seven times its distance from you.
- This budget golf rangefinder is also available in the UK and Canada
- Some experienced golfers might give the TecTecTec VPRO500 a second thought before buying it right away as the company itself is still relatively new as mentioned above.
- You wouldn’t want to drop the TecTecTec VPRO500 while standing near a water hazard though as it’s not waterproof and doing so can damage it for good.
Read more reviews on Amazon
#2 WOSPORT H-100AG
When we think about rangefinders Bushnell is the name that will jump to the forefront for most golfers, WOSPORT on the other hand probably won’t.
With that being said it is time for us to change our perceptions about low-cost rangefinders because the WOSPORT H-100AG is a very impressive rangefinder and it’s even cheaper than BOBLOV.
- 650 yard range
- 6 x magnification
- Accurately lock into a flag up to 180+ yards away
- Advanced flag acquisition technology which ensures maximum accuracy
- Measures distance accurately to within 1 yard
- Automatic vibration can be felt in the golfer’s hand once the flag has been located
- Features two modes namely range and scanning mode, when in scanning mode distances that appear will change as the rangefinder is moved
- Ability to measure distances in both meters and yards
- Slope measurement can be switched on and off with the press of the button
- USGA tournament legal
- Even cheaper than the two rangefinders above
- WOSPORT isn’t a recognizable rangefinder brand
Read more reviews on Amazon
#3 PeakPulse KB600AG Golf Laser Rangefinder
Honorable Third Place
The golf rangefinder market has numerous emerging brands that provide high-quality products at reasonable prices, and PeakPulse is another from this value-filled field.
This product led the industry in 2020 by integrating a number of features now common at this price point.
- Measures distance accurately between 6 to 500 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy.
- Slope measurement technology that provides adjusted distance dependent on the elevation.
- Flat Acquisition Technology with Pulse Vibration Acknowledgement.
- Fast Focus to increase speed and accuracy.
- Magnetic Hold Facility
- This product costs a bit more than some similar products but is well established and highly rated.
#4 GoGoGo Sport 650Y VPro Laser Rangefinder
Best Golf Rangefinder Under 100
The GoGoGo has a name that does not inspire confidence but it is a solid and well-built rangefinder that will impress any golfer.
It has all the necessary features and is accurate up to 650 yards, enough even for Bryson deChambeau.
The only problems are that you have to get a higher specification model if you want to turn off the slope measurement, which is needed for use in tournament play. However, that option is not expensive.
- Measures with +/- 1 yard accuracy between 5 to 650 yards.
- Flag-locking ability at 250 yards and pin-locking (ie no wind) from 150 yards.
- Pin-locking vibration technology
- Features for hunting (speed movement) as well as golf
- Tournament Legal as can switch off the slope function
- Not as easy to use as some other models
- No magnetic hold option for use in carts
#5 Callaway Golf 300-Pro Rangefinder
Best Golf Rangefinder Under 200
Callaway are one of the big golf equipment manufacturers famed for their easy-to-use drivers.
They love to help golfers, and have a wide range of training aids and other products in their stable, including rangefinders.
The range is all highly-rated, with the 300-Pro being the lowest priced.
The Callaway brand ensures its quality, and this is the highest-rated rangefinder in this review.
- Measures accurately between 5 and 1000 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy.
- Precise slope measurement that can account for elevation changes and give altered yet accurate readings.
- Patented Pin Acquisition Technology (P.A.T) that makes it easier and quicker to get the measurement you need within 300 yards (and not the measurement to the trees behind).
- Confirmation the target has been locked onto with a short vibration.
- Attaches easily to golf bags, trolleys, and carts with “magna-hold” magnet technology.
- This is the most expensive golf rangefinder on our list
#6 MiLESEEY Golf Laser Rangefinder
2nd Best Inexpensive Golf Rangefinder UK
The seond best low-cost rangefinder in UK that delivers, and the rangefinder purchased by this writer is the MiLESEEY.
It offers everything needed by the average golfer despite being an unknown brand, it is very accurate.
The reviews (as well as this writer’s personal experience) show that it is a great product.
It is very easy to use and locks on to the target easily, even in bad light.
Although the device is not magnetic, it comes with a nice case that is waterproof and sturdy.
Again, the only real problem is that the slope mechanism cannot be turned off. This would restrict use in tournaments.
- The most accurate rangefinder, with accuracy of +/- 0.5 yards between 5 and 660 yards.
- Fast-lock technology enabling speedy and easy distance acquisition up to 200 yards guaranteed, but normally further than that
- Adjustable focus
- Slope measuring function
- Very easy-to-use
- The slope measuring function cannot be disabled so the rangefinder is not considered tournament worthy. However, this user’s slope measuring function does not seem to produce readings, so I think it would be ok apart from the most serious of tournaments.
- No magnetic hold facility.
What Is a Golf Rangefinder
Golf isn’t only about trying to hit the ball into the hole even if most casual observers of the game tend to think of it that way. More than a mere target-based sport, golf is also about making as few strokes as possible.
To achieve that, you would want to accurately measure the number of yards between you and the flag indicating the hole where you’re supposed to hit the ball at.
- A golf rangefinder eliminates the need of having to either estimate or mentally calculate the distance between you and your target by measuring it as precisely as possible.
- If ever a distance reading in a golf rangefinder isn’t the same as the calculated yardage, the difference is usually either above or below by only one yard.
- Golf rangefinders come in two types: GPS and laser. However, GPS rangefinders are a bit more expensive since aside from buying a unit, you also have to sign-up for a monthly subscription service so that you can download a satellite map of the golf course where you want to play.
- GPS rangefinders also don’t provide a real-time map of your preferred golf course, especially if changes have been made to its layout shortly after you’ve downloaded its satellite map.
- On the other hand, a laser golf rangefinder doesn’t require you to pay any additional monthly fees as you can buy it, take it home, and use it on your next round of golf.
- Thus, all budget golf rangefinders featured here are of the laser variety.
How Does a Laser Golf Rangefinder Work?
As almost everyone owns a point-and-shoot digital camera nowadays, a golf rangefinder works very much the same way as a digital camera’s autofocus feature which allows you to get steady and clear shots no matter where you are.
- The typical laser golf rangefinder has three basic parts: the viewport, the trigger, and the readout screen.
- To set your target into focus, you should aim at it by looking at the rangefinder’s viewport and then press the trigger button so that an invisible laser beam would be sent to it.
- The distance that the laser beam travels from the rangefinder to the target is then displayed on the former’s readout screen.
- The only drawback to using a laser golf rangefinder is that your target has to be within your line of sight so that you’ll have something to aim your rangefinder at. Other than that, laser golf rangefinders are more convenient to use and cheaper than GPS ones.
Now Which Budget Golf Rangefinder Should You Buy?
With so many brands to choose from, finding the best cheap golf rangefinder for you to use during your next round of golf can become overwhelming.
Are rangefinders tournament legal?
Majority of rangefinders are tournament conforming, unless they measure slope. The local rules for an event will decide if rangefinders are allowed or not.
Is the TecTecTec golf rangefinder also available in the UK?
It sure is. TecTecTec Golf Laser Rangefinder is available in the UK as well as in Canada.
How accurate do rangefinders measure distance?
Majority of rangefinders on the market will measure distance accurately within +/- 2 yards of the target.
What batteries do rangefinders use?
Always check your rangefinder before purchasing a replacement battery, but in general most rangefinders take a CR2 3V battery.
Best Budget Golf Rangefinder 2023: Conclusion
Choosing a rangefinder can be a difficult task, but at the end of the day there are a few key points that one has to keep in mind before pulling the trigger.
Price is without a doubt a main determining factor, if you are on a strict budget then that should be the deciding factor. If your budget allows some wiggle room then it will definitely be wise to choose the rangefinder that has pinseeker technology.
After reviewing multiple different rangefinders under $200 three favorites emerged as race leaders.
Those three leaders are the TecTecTec (both USA & UK) , WOSPORT H-100AG (USA) and MiLESEEY (UK). They’re affordable and can shoot distances in excess of 200 yards. But when we look at the package as a whole the TecTecTec VPRO500 emerges victoriously.
These cheaper than the rest of the rangefinders on the market, are great options if you are shopping on a budget, but if you have the luxury of choosing then the TecTecTec VPRO500 might just be the way to go.
The majority of reviews on the TecTecTec VPRO 500 are very favorable and it has been a hit among golfers that have purchased one, there is a reason why this cheap golf rangefinder has been a top seller on Amazon for such a long time.
Lastly, the cheapest golf rangefinder on the market in 202 and 2021 or in other words, the best golf rangefinder under $100 is Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder for Golf. And if yu want to go for a well-known brand then the best golf rangefinder under 200 is Callaway Golf 300-Pro.
You may also like: Callaway Superhot 55 vs Supersoft and Callaway Supersoft vs Titleist Pro V1 (the result will surprise you)
27 thoughts on “Best Budget Golf Rangefinder 2020 & 2021: Cheap Affordable Ones Compared (USA & UK: Under 100 & 200)”
Pingback: Callaway Chrome Soft vs. Supersoft – Golf Ball Review and Comparison
Pingback: Callaway Chrome Soft vs Titleist Pro V1: Golf Ball Review & Comparison
This is a good read as I’m looking for a rangefinder that wouldn’t break the bank.
Happy to help
Pingback: Best Golf Drivers for Beginners (High Handicappers) 2018: Complete Guide
Pingback: Callaway Supersoft vs Titleist Pro V1 – Golf Ball Review and Comparison
Pingback: Best Golf Balls for Slow Swing Speed 2018 (Guide + Reviews)
Pingback: Best Counterbalanced Putters 2018 (Complete Guide + Reviews)
Pingback: Best Golf Irons (Sets) for Mid Handicappers 2018 (Complete Guide)
Pingback: Best Hybrid Golf Clubs 2018: Complete Guide + Reviews
Pingback: TaylorMade M2 vs Callaway GBB Epic: Driver Comparison & Review
Pingback: Best Putters For Beginners And High Handicappers 2018 (Complete Guide)
Pingback: Best Fairway Woods For Seniors & Older Players 2018: Complete Guide
Pingback: Ping G vs. Taylormade M2 Driver Review & Comparison -The Golf Einstein
Pingback: Best Fairway Woods for Beginners (High Handicappers) 2018: Complete Guide
Pingback: Best Wedges for Mid Handicappers and Average Golfers 2018 (Complete Guide)
Pingback: Best Golf Wedges for Beginners (High Handicappers) 2018: Ultimate Guide
Pingback: Gag Gifts for Golf Lovers (Funny as Hell) 2018: The Golf Einstein
Pingback: Best Golf Practice Mats 2018: Complete Guide & Reviews
I am glad for getting the quality golf idea that you always sharing on this website. thanks a lot for this best idea
Pingback: Best Golf Irons (Set) for Beginners and High Handicappers 2018: Complete Guide
Pingback: Best Golf Drivers for Mid Handicappers 2018: Complete Guide and Reviews
Pingback: Best Golf Drivers for Seniors and Older Players 2018: Complete Guide
Pingback: Best Golf Ball for 10 Handicapper 2018: Mid-Handicapper's Buying Guide
Pingback: Callaway Superhot 55 vs Supersoft: Which Golf Ball is Better?
Pingback: Bridgestone e6 vs Callaway Supersoft: Which Golf Ball Is Best For You?
thanks for this great article about golf rangefinders. You have included all the best rangefinders which are very helpful for a beginner like me. After reading the entire article, I have decided to pick the Nikon Coolshot 20 for my golf game. and I hope it will take my golf game to the next level.