The electric golf cart, and I am not referring to your standard 4 wheel golf cart/buggy, has become more and more popular in recent years. These electric carts are also known as electric golf caddies or electric golf trolleys, terminology differs depending on where you choose to play your golf around the globe.
Electric golf trolleys come in different shapes and sizes and deciding on which one to buy is no easy task. Not to worry, below we will compare and review some of the best electric golf caddies currently available on the market. In our buyers guide we will also take a closer look at what to look out for if you are shopping around for an electric golf trolley.
What’s the best electric golf cart? Powakaddy Fw3 Electric Golf Caddy is the 2019 winner. This high-quality motorized golf trolley offers great performance at a reasonable price. In addition, check out the comparison table below to see the smallest folding, cheapest, best all terrain and best remote control electric golf cart for 2019.
Best Electric Golf Trolley: Comparison Table
|Best electric golf trolley
Powakaddy Fw3 Electric Golf Caddy
|Smallest folding electric caddy
MGI Zip X5 Electric Golf Caddy
|Best cheap electric caddy
Bat Caddy X3 Classic
|Best remote control electric golf trolley
Bat Caddy X3R
|Best all terrain electric cart
Cart Tek Gri-1500Li
Electric Golf Caddy Reviews
#1 Powakaddy Fw3 Electric Golf Caddy
- The Fw3 features a color widescreen display, this screen displays speed and battery life
- The Fw3 features a durable design, its frame is made out of strong alloy
- The Fw3 has a very lightweight design, it weighs less than 25 lbs. Including both the frame and the batteries
- The compact Fw3 is easy to fold up, it has an easy to use three-step folding system
- Easy to charge plug and play lithium battery that will complete 18 holes with ease
- Adjustable front wheel, this ensures a smooth ride regardless of the terrain
- Durable strap system to secure your golf bag
- The Fw3 doesn’t have a 27+ hole range in comparison to some of its competitors
- The Fw3 is more than double the price of most regular push carts
Powakaddy Fw3 Review
This compact trolley features a sleek yet functional design and it is packed with features that any golfer will enjoy.
The Fw3 has a strong frame that is made out of lightweight alloy, the total weight of this power trolley is less than 25 lbs.
The sleek design of the Fw3 doesn’t stop with its frame, the plug and play battery system of this electric trolley further adds to the quality of its design. Its standard lithium battery has a range of 18 holes, but a bigger battery can be purchased separately if you play more than 18 holes a day on a regular basis.
The Fw3 has a quiet motor and its low profile chassis can negotiate any terrain. It also features a bungee strap system, this ensures bag security. Both right and left handed golfers can handle this electric caddie with ease.
This electric cart has it all, it even features a 2-year warranty on the frame and a 5-year warranty on the lithium battery. If you are looking for a little bit of help to get your golf clubs around the golf course then look no further.
#2 MGI Zip X5 Electric Golf Caddy
Top smallest folding electric caddy
- The Zip X5 features a durable compact design, its newly engineered zip fold design ensures that it fold downs to ensure space saving
- The Zip X5 features a quiet motor with an advanced lithium battery system that charges with ease
- This electric caddie features an intuitive downhill speed control system as well as gyroscope technology to ensure safety and stability at all times
- Foldable rear 4th wheel if added stability is required
- Bungee strap system to ensure secure bag storage
- The Zip X5 features a hefty price tag upwards of a $1000
- The Zip X5 has a limited warranty of 1 year
MGI Zip X5 Review
This compact electric caddie is powered by a lithium battery, it has a strong durable design and it features an intuitive downhill speed control system.
In addition to having a stable compact design, the Zip X5 also has one of the most advanced folding systems on the market. The Zip folding system ensures that this power cart folds down with ease to ensure easy storage.
Finding a better more compact electric caddie will be virtually impossible. One of the only setbacks of the Zip X5 is its hefty price tag. The Zip X5 will set you back in excess of $1000, at first it will seem like a lot but this motorized trolley will be worth every cent.
#3 Bat-Caddy X3R
Best remote control electric golf trolley
- Remote control operated with a range of up to 120 yards, functions include forward, reverse, left, right, stop, timed forward function (10, 20, 30 yards) and cruise control
- The X3R is powered by a 12V sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with a range of 27 holes per charge
- The X3R features a durable aluminum frame design
- Affordable price tag well below a $1000
- The design of the X3R is more robust than some other electric caddies, if you are looking for a small compact electric cart when folded up then this might not be your best option
Bat Caddy X3R Review
The X3R remote controlled electric cart can be controlled remotely up to 120 yards away.
Remote control functionalities include forward, reverse, stop, left, right, time forward function and cruise control.
The X3R is more than just a remote controlled cart, it features a powerful rechargeable sealed lead acid battery with a range of 27+ holes. The X3R features a strong aluminum design that can withstand tough terrains.
The rugged design might not be as sleek as what some golfers prefer but the X3R does feature an affordable price tag which makes it an attractive option for golfers.
#4 Cart Tek Gri-1500Li
Best all terrain electric cart
- The Gri-1500Li features a durable lightweight frame that is made out of aviation grade aluminum
- The robust design of this electric trolley features oversize wheels that can negotiate tough terrain with ease
- This cart is powered by a lithium battery and it has a range of 36 holes when fully charged
- This electric caddie is still quite bulky even when folded down
- It features a hefty price tag
The Cart Tek Gri-1500Li is a great option if you want to invest in an all-terrain electric caddy.
This electric cart features a robust design, its frame is made out of aviation grade aluminum and it has big durable wheels.
This electric trolley is powered by a lithium battery and it has an impressive range of 36 holes when fully charged.
This cart might not have the sleek design that some of its competitors have but it is definitely built to last. One of the only setbacks of this motorized golf trolley is its hefty price tag.
#5 Bat Caddy X3 Classic
Best cheap value for money electric caddy
- The X3 Classic features a durable aluminum frame
- This electric cart has a lightweight compact design that will fit into any trunk with ease
- Bungee straps are featured which ensures bag security
- The X3 Classic has a 12V sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with a range of 27 holes
- This electric caddie features a very reasonable price tag
- Lithium powered electric caddies tend to have an extended battery lifespan
- The design of the X3 Classic isn’t as advanced as some of its other competitors
Bat Caddy X3 Classic Review
This electric powered cart features a simple functional design.
Its frame is made out of durable aluminum and it also features durable wheels that can withstand rough terrains.
This lightweight cart folds down with ease and it will fit into the majority of cars with ease when folded. The X3 Classic features a 12V sealed lead acid battery with a range of 27 holes. All in all it will be difficult to find an electric cart of this caliber for such an affordable price.
Electric Golf Caddy Buying Guide
What to look for when purchasing an electric golf cart?
Carrying your bag or pushing/pulling a trolley for 18 holes is no easy task, but it can be a lot easier with the help of an electric golf trolley. Golfers that choose to use an electric trolley are able to walk 18 holes without the strain of having to carry or pull their clubs around with them.
Deciding on which electric golf cart to buy is no easy task. Let’s make the decision a bit easier by taking a closer look at what to consider during the purchase process.
A variety of different electric powered golf carts are currently available on the market. The majority of them feature similar designs with only small variances in design depending on the brand.
Electric golf caddies either have 3 or 4 wheels are they are all powered by a rechargeable battery system. Batteries are either lithium or sealed acid batteries and their ranges differ between 18 and 36 holes depending on the size of the battery.
The majority of motorized golf trolleys are powered by lithium batteries, lead-acid batteries are also used in the design of some electric golf trolleys.
These batteries are easy to recharge and they all feature quite an impressive battery life. The range of your electric golf caddie depends on the battery life of your batteries.
The majority of batteries last up to 6+ hours, walking 18 or even 27 holes won’t be a problem at all, battery life will only be a concern if you plan on playing 36 holes in one day.
Always make sure that your battery is charged before every round, also ensure that your electric golf trolley is stored at room temperature in order to extend the life of your battery. This is especially important if you live in an area that experiences extreme winters or summers.
Durability is always an important factor to consider if you are buying a product. Golf trolleys need a strong durable design in order to negotiate the terrain around a golf course. Ensure that you buy an electric trolley with a strong durable frame. This will save you money in the long run and it will also ensure that your batteries are protected against bumps.
The design and functionality of the product is a key feature to keep in mind when shopping around for a power golf trolley. A durable design is important, but it is equally important for the design to be functional.
A trolley that is easy to fold up is very important, this will make transportation and storage a walk in the park. Designs that allow for accessories are also important, who wouldn’t want the option of adding either a cup holder or chair to their electric caddy?
Electric golf carts are expensive, the majority of them will set you back at least a $1000, it is thus very important to do thorough research before making a purchase. These power golf trolleys are a big investment but they will be worth every cent over the course of time.
So, what’s the best electric golf caddy in 2019?
After thoroughly reviewing and comparing some of the best electric golf trolleys on the market the Powakaddy Fw3 emerged victoriously. This motorized cart has all the bells and whistles that one would expect from an industry leading electric trolley and it is available at an affordable price point.
If you are looking for a value for money cart then look no further than the Bat Caddy X3 Classic. The young at heart golfers will enjoy the remote controlled Bat Caddy X3R and the Gri-1500Li by Cart Tek is the way to go if your home club has a lot of rough terrains that needs to be negotiated.
With so many electric golf caddies on the market making a decision can be difficult. Make sure to keep the durability of the frame, folding size, battery range, price, and the carts ability to negotiate rough terrain in mind before making a final decision.
Table of Contents