Bushnell is the number #1 rangefinder amongst golfers around the globe. The Bushnell range of rangefinders is extensive, below we are going to review one of their most popular models, the Tour V4 (with & without slope).
Bushnell Tour V4 Rangefinder
Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Standard Edition
- The Tour V4 is designed and manufactured by industry leader Bushnell
- The Tour V4 features a range of up to 1000 yards
- The Tour V4 measures distance accurately to 1 yard
- Objects are magnified 5 times by the Tour V4 rangefinder
- The Tour V4 features an ergonomic design with Stabi-Grip technology to ensure comfort and a secure grip
- Pinseeker with JOLT technology which ensures maximum accuracy
- The Tour V4 comes standard with a 2-year warranty
- The Tour V4 JOLT features focus ring technology, this technology allows the user to adjust the focus to ensure a clear view of the target. This feature is especially useful if you struggle with bad eyesight
- The Tour V4 conforms to USGA rules and it can be used in events that allow measuring devices
- Includes protective skin and carry case
- The Tour V4 is a premium product that comes with a premium price tag
Bushnell Tour V4 Review
The Tour V4 is packed with industry-leading technology, it has a range of up to 1000 yards and it magnifies objects up to 5 times.
Accuracy is an important feature to consider when buying a rangefinder, the Tour V4 features Pinseeker with JOLT technology to ensure extreme accuracy.
JOLT technology refers to the JOLT that can be felt in your hand once the Tour V4 has locked in on its target.
The Tour V4 features a comfortable ergonomic design that fits into your hand perfectly to ensure stability.
Bushnell has faith in its products and as a result, the Tour V4 features a 2-year warranty. The Tour V4 features everything and more than one would want from a USGA conforming rangefinder, the only drawback is its premium price tag.
Bushnell Tour V4 Shift Slope Edition
- The Tour V4 Switch is designed and manufactured by the number 1 rangefinder in golf
- The Tour V4 Switch features a range of up to 1000 yards
- The Tour V4 Switch measures distance accurately to 1 yard and it magnifies objects up to 5 times
- Slope measuring can be enabled with the flip of a switch
- Pinseeker with JOLT technology which ensures maximum accuracy
- The Tour V4 Switch features an ergonomic design that fits into your hand with ease
- The Tour V4 Switch comes standard with a 2-year warranty
- The Tour V4 Switch features focus ring technology, this technology allows the user to adjust the focus to ensure a clear view of the target. This feature is especially useful if you struggle with bad eyesight
- The Tour V4 Switch conforms to USGA rules and it can be used in tournament play provided that the slope technology is disabled
- The Tour V4 Switch carries a hefty price tag
Tour V4 Switch Review
The two main differences between these models are that the V4 Shift features Bushnell’s Slope Switch and Pinseeker with JOLT technology.
The slope measuring feature of the V4 Switch is activated with a simple flip of a switch. When activated golfers will know exactly how far their distance to the target is when undulation is a factor.
The Tour V4 does conform to USGA rules and it can be used in tournaments that allow rangefinders, you just have to ensure that the slope feature is disabled at all times during tournament rounds.
Pinseeker with JOLT technology ensures maximum accuracy. A sharp JOLT can be felt in your hand when the target has been located and locked into.
Bushnell Tour V4 Rangefinder Battery
The Bushnell Tour V4 takes a CR2 3V lithium battery. These affordable batteries can be purchased online or at the majority of supermarkets.
On average these batteries last about 6 months, it is difficult to tell when they are running out of power, make sure to always keep a spare one in your bag just in case it cuts out in the middle of the round.
Bushnell Tour V4 Price
Bushnell rangefinders are pricey, but it is money well spent. The purchase of a Bushnell rangefinder is an investment that you will be able to reap the benefits from for many years.
Being able to measure slope does come at a price, in comparison the Tour V4 standard edition is roughly quite a bit cheaper than the Switch edition.
Both the Tour V4 and V4 Switch feature a range of up to 1000 yards, a flag can be measured up to 400 yards away.
The impressive range of these rangefinders is more than adequate for both amateur and professional golfers.
Accuracy is key if you are serious about improving your golf game. Both the Tour V4 and V4 Switch are accurate to 1 yard and both rangefinders feature Pinseeker and Fast Focus technology which ensures maximum accuracy.
Does the Bushnell Tour v4 have slope?
The Bushnell Tour V4 is available in different versions. The Tour V4 standard edition doesn’t measure slope but the Tour V4 Switch does.
The slope on the Tour V4 switch can be enabled with the flip of a switch. Both versions of the V4 conforms to USGA regulations, the only regulation is that the slope on the V4 Switch needs to be disabled.
What kind of battery does a Bushnell Tour v4 take?
The Bushnell V4 Tour standard and slope editions both take a CR2 Lithium 3V battery. CR2 batteries are very affordable.
Golfers that play weekly will have to change out their batteries more frequently but in general, the average battery life is 6+ months.
Always make sure to keep an extra spare battery in your bag in case it goes flat in the middle of the round, the last thing you need during a round is to be stuck with a dead rangefinder.
How do you reset a Bushnell Tour v4?
Resetting your Tour V4 rangefinder is fairly simple, hold down the power button until the different modes of your rangefinder are displayed on-screen.
At this stage it will begin to cycle through the different available options, once your desired mode is on-screen let go of the power button.
How do you change between meters and yards on your Bushnell Tour v4?
Ensure that your rangefinder is off, look through the eyepiece while holding down the power for roughly 5 seconds.
During this time the display will cycle through the various available options, once it is on the desired setting of either meters or yards let go of the power button.
The Tour V4 is a high-quality rangefinder that is packed with Bushnell’s industry-leading technology. Both of these golf rangefinders will be a welcome addition to any golfers bag.
If you play the majority of your golf on a golf course with little to no undulation then the Bushnell V4 JOLT standard edition will work just fine.
If your home course features lots of undulations or if you play tournament golf then it will be worthwhile to invest in the V4 Shift with Slope.