The golf ball market is very competitive. One manufacturer that has made steady strides towards being the best golf ball in golf is Srixon. Srixon designs and manufacturers high-quality golf balls and two of their industry leading models are the Z Star and Z Star XV. Let’s review and compare these two golf balls in order to learn more about them and about how they can improve your game.
Both the Srixon Z Star and Z Star XV golf balls are premium golf balls with similar design characteristics. A one on one matchup between these two golf balls will definitely be a close battle. A thorough review of how these to golf balls compare or differ will determine which model will work best for your game.
Srixon Z Star vs. Srixon Z Star XV: Comparison Table
Srixon Z Star Review
- The Z Star features Srixon’s new Fast Layer Core which increases ball speeds and maximizes distance
- The Urethane cover system of the Z Star features Srixon’s 4th generation spin skin technology, this technology delivers exceptional greenside spin and control
- The dimple pattern of the Z Star reduces drag and increases lift, this promotes a straighter ball flight
- The Z Star is a mid compression golf ball and players with average swing speeds will benefit most by playing with this golf ball
- The Z Star is available in both white and optic yellow
- The Z Star features an above average price tag
- The Z Star is a mid compression golf ball, faster swinging players will benefit more by using the higher compression Z Star XV
The Z Star is one of Srixon’s premium offerings. The Z Star is a 3 piece golf ball with a mid compression of 90. The Z Star features Srixon’s new Fast Layer Core, the design of this new core becomes firmer around its edge and it delivers higher ball speeds which delivers added distance.
The Z Star doesn’t just maximize distance, it also delivers exceptional greenside control and spin. The molecular bonds in the urethane cover of the Z Star digs into the grooves, especially when hitting a wedge, the result is increased spin and greenside control.
The Z Star features 338 dimples, this dimple pattern reduces drag which ensures a stable ball flight in windy conditions. The Z Star does feature a premium price tag, but it is slightly cheaper than its counterparts from Titleist, Callaway and TaylorMade.
Srixon Z Star XV Review
- The Z Star XV is a high compression golf ball that’s designed for maximum distance and exceptional greenside control and stopping power
- The design of the Z Star XV features Srixon’s new Fast Layer Core, this new core maximizes distance as a result of faster ball speeds
- The Z Star XV delivers exceptional greenside control and feel, this greenside spin and stopping power is achieved with the help of 4th generation Spin Skin technology
- The 338 dimple pattern of the Z Star XV promotes a straight and controlled ball flight, even in windy conditions
- Golfers can choose between either white or tour optic yellow when purchasing the Z Star XV
- The Z Star is on the expensive end of the price spectrum
- Players with average or slower swing speeds will gain better performance by playing with the Z Star instead
The 4 piece Srixon Z Star XV is a premium, high compression, tour approved golf ball. The Z Star XV features technology that promotes both distance and greenside control. The Fast Layer Core that gets gradually firm around its edges is featured in the Z Star XV delivers, this core increases ball speeds which promotes maximum distance.
Greenside control and stopping power is achieved with the help of 4th generation Spin Skin technology. The urethane cover of the Z Star XV has flexible molecular bonds that interacts with the grooves on both wedges and irons in such a manner that produces exceptional spin and stopping power.
The Z Star XV with its 102 compression is designed for players with high swing speeds, players with average or slow swing speeds won’t get maximum performance out of this golf ball. The Z Star XV retails at an above average price point, but it is still a fraction cheaper than other leading premium golf balls.
Srixon Z Star vs. Srixon Z Star XV
The Z Star and Z Star XV both feature Srixon’s new Fast Layer Core, the design of this core increases ball speeds which maximizes distance. In addition, both of these golf balls also feature Srixon’s 338 speed dimple pattern, this dimple pattern reduces drag which increases distance.
The distance producing elements of these golf balls are very similar and as a result the distance matchup is a tie.
Greenside control and feel
The Z Star and Z Star XV both feature Srixon’s 4th generation Spin Skin technology, this technology promotes exceptional greenside spin and stopping power. The greenside control and feel matchup is a tie due to the design similarities of these two golf balls.
Durability is an important feature to consider when buying a golf ball. Both the Z Star and Z Star XV feature durable urethane cover systems. The durability matchup is a tie.
Premium golf balls from leading manufacturers all retail for more than $40 per dozen. Both the Z Star and Z Star XV are premium golf balls but they retail at a slightly lower price point than its competitors. The price matchup between these two golf balls are a tie since their recommended retail price tag is identical.
Srixon Z Star vs. Srixon Z Star XV: And the winner is…
Srixon is without a doubt the winner in this battle. After a thorough review and comparison, it is evident that the design features of these golf balls are very similar and that both golf balls deliver exceptional distance and greenside control.
The only difference between these two golf balls is their compression. The Z Star is a mid compression golf ball and the Z Star XV is a high compression golf ball. In order to maximize performance play with the Z Star model that matches your swing speed.