The good old days where golfers relied on judgement and a couple of random distance markers in order to determine what club to hit is a thing of the past. Rangefinders and other distance measuring devices are now the norm, but rangefinders in particular are widely used amongst golfers of all levels. If you are serious about lowering your scores then a good rangefinder is a must have.
Bushnell is the industry leader when it comes to golf rangefinders and two of their latest models, the Tour V3 and V4, are set to feature in the bags of many golfers around the globe. Professional players trust Bushnell to prepare for tournaments and so should you. Check out our best golf rangefinders article to find out who are the industry leaders in 2021.
Read also: Bushnell Tour V4 full review
Bushnell designs and manufactures the best rangefinders that money can buy. The Tour V3 and Tour V4 rangefinders from Bushnell are both high quality, high performing rangefinders that will add precision to your game from a distance aspect. In a head to head battle initial thoughts are that the newer Tour V4 will emerge victorious, but before we jump to conclusions lets review and compare these to industry leaders in order to find out just how good they both actually are.
Bushnell Tour V3 vs. Bushnell Tour V4 Comparison Table
Bushnell Tour V3 Review
- The Tour V3 is designed and manufactured by the number one rangefinder manufacturer in golf, Bushnell
- The Tour V3 has an impressive range of up to 1000 yards
- The Tour V3 magnifies the target up to 5 times
- The Tour V3 features Bushnell’s signature Pinseeker with Jolt technology to ensure accuracy
- The Tour V3 features a continuously updating LCD display, this ensures a continuous view of targets as the rangefinder is moved around to different targets
- The Tour V3 measures distances accurately to within half a yard
- Features and ergonomic and lightweight design, its total weight is 6.6 ounces
- The Tour V3 features a 2 year warranty
- The Tour V3 conforms to USGA rules, make sure to check the local rules of an event in order to make sure that measuring devices are allowed
- The Tour V3 is water resistant but not waterproof
- The Tour V3 does have a fairly expensive price tag
The Tour V3 rangefinder from Bushnell is one of the best rangefinders on the market. The Tour V3 is packed with technology to ensure that you will never have to guess another distance out on the course ever again. The Tour V3 features Pinseeker with Jolt technology, this technology ensures that you are able to lock in on your desired target with ease and a vibration Jolt can be felt once the target distance is acquired.
The Tour V3 with its impressive 1000 yard range and 5 times magnification also features an LCD display that continuously updates as it pans across the landscape. The Tour V3 features a compact ergonomic design that is lightweight and easy to grip. The Tour V3 features a 2 year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
The USGA conforming Tour V3 is a good investment if you are serious about improving your golf game, one of its only drawbacks is it’s fairly expensive price tag.See the price and read reviews
Bushnell Tour V4 Review
- The Tour V4 is one of the newest rangefinders on the market designed by the industry leader in the golf rangefinder category, Bushnell
- The Tour V4 features a range of up to 1000 yards
- The Tour V4 measures distance accurately to 1 yard
- Objects are magnified 5 times by the Tour V4 rangefinder
- The Tour V4 features an ergonomic design with Stabi-Grip technology to ensure comfort and a secure grip
- The Tour V4 features Bushnell’s Pinseeker with Jolt technology, this technology ensure maximum accuracy
- The Tour V4 comes standard with a 2 year warranty
- The Tour V4 features focus ring technology, this technology allows the user to adjust the focus to ensure a clear view of the target. This feature is especially useful if you struggle with bad eyesight
- The Tour V4 conforms to USGA rules and it can be used in events that allow measuring devices
- The Tour V4 is a premium product that comes with a premium price tag
The Bushnell tour V4 is an industry leader and one of the best rangefinders currently available on the market. The Tour V4 is packed with industry leading technology, it has a range of up to 1000 yards and it magnifies objects up to 5 times. Accuracy is an important feature to consider when buying a rangefinder, the Tour V4 features Pinseeker with Jolt technology to ensure extreme accuracy.
The Tour V4 features a comfortable ergonomic design that fits into your hand perfectly to ensure stability. Bushnell has faith in their products and as a result the Tour V4 features a 2 year warranty. The Tour V4 features everything and more than one would want from a USGA conforming rangefinder, it’s only drawback is its premium price tag.See the price and read reviews
Bushnell Tour V3 vs. Bushnell Tour V4 Head to head Comparison
Both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 feature signature Bushnell technology to ensure performance. Pinseeker with Jolt technology can be found in both of these models. This technology ensures accuracy by locking in on your desired target, once the target is acquired a jolt (vibration) can be felt.
The Tour V3 features an LCD display that updates continuously as the rangefinder gets moved around between targets, this technology ensures that targets can be located with ease. The Tour V4 processes information slightly faster than the Tour V3 and it also features a focus ring that allows the user to adjust the focus in order to ensure a clear view. Both of these rangefinders are packed with technology but the Tour V4 with its slightly more advanced design is the champion in the technology matchup.
Range is an important feature when comparing different rangefinders. Majority of golfers will shoot targets that are up to 300 yards away. Both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 have a range of 1000 yards, this impressive range is above and beyond what any golfer requires. The range matchup between these two rangefinders is tied.
Ergonomics and Durability
Durability and ergonomics is a very important feature to consider when buying a new rangefinder. Both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 feature ergonomic designs that fits into your hand with ease. The Tour V4 features new Stabi-Grip technology, this technology ensures both comfort and stability.
Both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 models are water resistant, they aren’t waterproof. Please don’t drop your rangefinder into a water hazard, but with it being water resistant it will perform as per usual in wet rainy conditions.
The ergonomics and durability head to head matchup was a close one, but the Tour V4 with the new Stabi-Grip technology just wins this nail biting contest.
Premium products carry premium price tags and this is the case with both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 models. Don’t be put off by a premium price tag, the purchase of a rangefinder is an investment. Quality products are slightly more expensive but more often than not it is worth the splurge. It is also important to keep in mind that rangefinders last for many years, it might seem like big amount to spend but its not a frequent expense.
It was a close matchup in terms of price but the older Tour V3 model carries a slightly lower price tag.
Bushnell Tour V3 vs. Bushnell Tour V4: And the winner is…
Buying a new rangefinder can be a very daunting task with all of the options that are currently available on the market. Bushnell has and continues to be the industry leader in terms of rangefinders and you can’t go wrong by adding a Bushnell to your golf bag. A rangefinder is a must have item if you are serious about improving your golf game.
Both the Tour V3 and Tour V4 models have all of the features that one would need from a high quality rangefinder. Both models are packed with technology that ensures maximum performance, both models feature durable ergonomic designs and both models have a very impressive range.
Choosing a winner between these two models is no easy task. After a thorough review and comparison of both rangefinders the newer Tour V4 model with its slightly more advanced technology just gets the nod in this battle. With that being said the Tour V3 is a very impressive rangefinder and if price is a big deciding factor then the Tour V3 should definitely be considered.
You might want to read: Bushnell Tour V3 Rangefinder full review.